Re: What is the use of the CommitFestBlank template? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Brendan Jurd
Subject Re: What is the use of the CommitFestBlank template?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 10:31 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> It still seems a bit awkward though.  AFAICS the sentence about
> "This is the page for CommitFest starting 2008 November" would
> have to be inserted after committing the first version of the
> page?

Yes, you do have to perform some minor tweaks on the page after
getting the template in there.  It's just meant as a way of
alleviating one particular part of the tedium.

I suppose we could introduce an argument to the template, so that you
would call it with {{subst:CommitFestBlank|November 2008}}, but it's
only going to save us one edit.  I can add this in quite trivially if
you see it as an improvement.

In the end it is still going to be a somewhat hands-on process,
because you have to update the status of the previous commitfest and
change the "CommitFest" redirect.

Of course, I'm open to suggestions.

Cheers,
BJ