Re: CommitFest rules - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Brendan Jurd
Subject Re: CommitFest rules
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 3:33 AM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> Hmmm.  I thought that commitfest-by-wiki was something that we were only
> doing until we had the technical requirements for tracking commitfests
> nailed down, and then we were going to write a PHP app.  No?

That sounds good to me, but who knows how long it could take for the
requisite nailing down to occur?  Management of patches is a
contentious issue, and any kind of consensus in this area seems to be
elusive.

I figure we might as well make the wiki comfortable in the meantime.

What I'm saying is, I've got the opportunity and the inclination to
make the wiki more usable.  If you guys want better navigation,
there's a suggestion on the table to improve that.  I'm not too
worried about the wiki eventually being ditched for something better
-- in fact I'm looking forward to it.

Cheers,
BJ