Re: Show INHERIT in \du - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Brendan Jurd
Subject Re: Show INHERIT in \du
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 10:50 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> "Brendan Jurd" <direvus@gmail.com> writes:
>  > What about connection limit?  I suppose we could combine it into the
>  > privileges column, and refrain from displaying anything for "no
>  > limit".
>
>  "5 connections" seems a bit odd for a "privilege".  I'd be happy with
>  leaving that as a separate column.  Or I guess we could choose a
>  less specific word (like "attributes"?) for the column heading.

"Attributes" works better IMO.  The manual refers to INHERIT and LOGIN
as "attributes" rather than "privileges", so I would go for
"attributes" regardless of where we place connection limit.

Leaving connection limit in a separate column would be okay, but if
most installations seldom use connection limit (and I suspect this is
true), that's a chunky amount of underutilised space in the \du
output.

Cheers
BJ