Re: Use of "postmaster" - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Brendan Jurd
Subject Re: Use of "postmaster"
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> "Brendan Jurd" <direvus@gmail.com> writes:
> > Now that we've renamed the server binary to "postgres", what is the
> > status on use of the name "postmaster"?  Is it now deprecated?  And if
> > not, is there any point in keeping it around?
>
> We should replace it by terms like "server" in contexts where it's
> not actually important to the reader which process is involved,
> but I think Peter's hit most of them already ...

Looks like Peter got the sgml sources pretty well cleaned up, but
didn't touch the FAQs.

The attached patch replaces some more references to "postmaster" in
the FAQs.  Per Tom's guidance, I only replaced those references where
I felt a distinction between the postmaster and its children wasn't
important to the reader.

Thanks for your time,
BJ