Re: [GENERAL] ISO week dates - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Brendan Jurd
Subject Re: [GENERAL] ISO week dates
Date
List pgsql-patches
On 2/15/07, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> > Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> writes:
> >
> > > What do we do with other invalid pattern combinations in to_char() now?
> >
> > Mostly, we return bogus results :-(.  The formatting.c code in general
> > doesn't seem very robust.
>
> Yep, seems every release I am in there cleaning up some mistake repeated
> multiple times in the code.  It needs a good cleaning.

I'm happy to volunteer to do something about the invalid field
combinations, but I suspect an overhaul of formatting.c is more than I
can currently chew.  I figure it would be a bit misguided of me to put
together a patch for invalid field combinations if somebody is about
to do a rewrite of much of the code?