Re: [SQL] Compiling and Installing PGsql - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Andreas Klussmann
Subject Re: [SQL] Compiling and Installing PGsql
Date
List pgsql-sql
Dirk Drechsel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am having some trouble compiling and installing pgsql .
>
> At the moment I'm using version 6.5. 2 , but I tried version 6.5. 1,
> as well .
> I  have a SuSE 6.1 linux box with kernel 2.2.5  and a Pentium Celeron
> processor. For a month now,
> when trying to compile one of these versions, the system doesn't
> compile and install the
> template data base ( linux_ppc or linux_i386).
> Does anybody know  a solution to this problem ?
> I haven't tried to compile and install pgsql in earlier versions!
>
> Couldn't find anythingin the install documentation either.

There is a script called initdb in the bin directory.
It creates the template database and is described in step 18 in INSTALL.

--
Greetings Andreas

softgate gmbh (former HEITEC Informationssysteme GmbH),
nägelsbachstraße 26, d-91052 erlangen,
tel: +49 9131 81270-26, fax: +49 9131 81270-99
mailto:andreas.klussmann@soft-gate.de
http://www.soft-gate.de/