Re: [INTERFACES] SSL and ODBC - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] SSL and ODBC
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
> I presume that the ODBC driver uses libpq underneath (either statically or
> dynamically loaded) to talk to the server.

Actually, no! libpq requires a cygwin environment, and (perhaps) there
was a worry about performance (though that doesn't seem to be an issue
to me). So the ODBC driver is completely standalone. The downside is
that it requires separate maintenance, and I'm pretty sure that there
are some arcane issues which don't get fixed there when they change in
libpq...
                   - Thomas

South Pasadena, California