[GENERAL] Question on arrays - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steve Wolfe
Subject [GENERAL] Question on arrays
Date
List pgsql-general
     Please forgive the question on such simple subjects...

   The original idea I had was to make an array of text fields to store
some data, but evidently text and varchar don't work in arrays.  I've
tried char(1024)[] to no avail, about the only thing I can I can get to
work it char16[] - but 16 characters just doesn't cut it. : )  The
documentation on arrays was very limited (shoot, I couldn't even find
char16 in the documentation), and tryiong to search usenet didn't turn
much up.  Any pointers to where I can find more information?

steve