Re: Test database for new installs? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Test database for new installs?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus said:
> Andreas,
>
>> - Usage of varchar for key column
>
> And?  Varchar is somehow implicitly inferior for keys?
>
> Watch it ... you're about to hit one of my "abuses of SQL" pet-peeves,
> the  overuse on INT surrogate keys ...

We will probably find that *everthing* each of us does will offend somebody
else. I'm not too keen to get into "best practice" wars. That's what IRC is
for ;-)

I would like to see a number of samples, which demonstrate different design
methodologies/philosophies, so we are offending everyone with equal
opportunity.
cheers

andrew