Re: Autovacuum keeps vacuuming a table disabled in pg_autovacuum - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Erik Jones
Subject Re: Autovacuum keeps vacuuming a table disabled in pg_autovacuum
Date
Re: Autovacuum keeps vacuuming a table disabled in pg_autovacuum  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-general
On Jun 1, 2007, at 9:19 AM, Csaba Nagy wrote:

> On Fri, 2007-06-01 at 15:58, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> Try reindexing the table; that should make the problem go away.
>> Also,
>> update to the latest of the 8.1 branch ASAP.
>
> Reindexing won't work, it would mean hours of downtime. I plan to move
> the DB to 8.2 via slony in ~2-3 weeks, that should take care of the
> bloating too.
>
> Regarding upgrade, I have to use the CVS version because I have some
> local patches to apply. Now what is more recommended, use the latest
> version on the REL8_1_STABLE branch or stick with REL8_1_9 ? I checked
> and there are quite a few changed files after REL8_1_9.

How would reindexing a table imply hours of downtime?

Erik Jones

Software Developer | Emma®
erik@myemma.com
800.595.4401 or 615.292.5888