Re: [INTERFACES] lo_export & pgaccess - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Constantin Teodorescu
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] lo_export & pgaccess
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Tom Lane wrote:

> "Ken J. Wright" <ken@ori-ind.com> writes:
> > It fails with or without the symbolic link, as it's finding it's way to the
> > same libpgtcl.so ok. I'm thinking there must be something wrong with the
> > build, but I'm not sure where to look. Are there other options besides
> > --with-tcl that are required?
>
> Try adding -lcrypt to SHLIB_LINK in src/interfaces/libpgtcl/Makefile.in
> (or .../Makefile if you already configured).  There is code in there
> that is supposed to do that for you, but it is broken in the 6.5 release
> due to a silly oversight :-(

I am sorry to say, noone to blame, but that piece of code that is
supposed to do that didn't worked either in 6.4.x or in 6.5 beta x.
As I recall, I checked every version against lcrypt including in linking
but no version worked fine (at least for my RedHat 5.x servers).

But it ain't such a big problem. As Tom said, just adding -lcrypt to
SHLIB_LINK solve the problem.
PostgreSQL 6.5 is such a great thing so you can pass over those minor
problems!

--
Constantin Teodorescu
FLEX Consulting Braila, ROMANIA