Re: Debian package for freeradius_postgresql module - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Debian package for freeradius_postgresql module
Date
List pgsql-general
Chris <dmagick@gmail.com> writes:
>> This is the ref was given:
>> The old / original BSD license is not compatible.
>> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#GPLIncompatibleLicenses
>>
>> Anyway to change this?? So debian users can easily use postgresql and freeradius
>> together...

> Changing the postgres license isn't going to happen - it has been
> debated many many many times in the past (check the archives).

The PG license is *not* the "old" (advertising-clause) BSD license, but
the new one.  What I gathered from the other link that was posted is
that Debian's license concern has nothing to do with the Postgres
license, but rather that they think freeradius and openssl have
incompatible licenses.  So it's those two projects that you need to talk
to about this.  We are just bystanders.

            regards, tom lane