Re: Postgres Clustering - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scot Kreienkamp
Subject Re: Postgres Clustering
Date
List pgsql-general
We didn't have much luck with Continuent.  They had to make multiple
code level changes to get their product to work correctly with our app
on PG 8.2.  We never did get it successfully implemented.  At this point
I'm stuck with WAL shipping as I can't find anything that fits my
constraints.

Thanks,

Scot Kreienkamp

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Alan McKay
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 1:57 PM
To: pgsql-performance@postgresql.org; pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: [GENERAL] Postgres Clustering

Hey folks,

I have done some googling and found a few things on the matter.  But
am looking for some suggestions from the experts out there.

Got any good pointers for reading material to help me get up to speed
on PostgreSQL clustering?   What options are available?  What are the
issues?  Terminology.  I'm pretty new to the whole data-warehouse
thing.   And once I do all the reading, I'll even be open to product
recommendations :-)

And in particular since I already have heard of this particular
product - are there any opinions on Continuent?

thanks,
-Alan

--
"Mother Nature doesn't do bailouts."