Re: Heads up: RC2 this evening - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Heads up: RC2 this evening
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Agreed on missing -ltcl.  It seems odd given that the Cygwin case in
>> Makefile.shlib does include $(SHLIB_LINK) and pltcl's Makefile does add
>> $(TCL_LIB_SPEC) to SHLIB_LINK.  Is TCL_LIB_SPEC getting set reasonably
>> by configure?

> $ grep TCL_ Makefile.global
> TCL_LIB_FILE            = libtcl84.a
> TCL_LIBS                =
> TCL_LIB_SPEC            =
> TCL_INCLUDE_SPEC        = -I/nonexistent/include
> TCL_SHARED_BUILD        = 1
> TCL_SHLIB_LD_LIBS       =

Yuck.

> here's what is in /usr/lib/tclConfig.sh - maybe there's a clue in there
> - or maybe it's just a problem with the Cygwin-supplied package - I have
> deliberately not tried to fix this by installing my own build of tcl.

The Cygwin-supplied package is evidently broken beyond belief.
configure is correctly copying these settings from tclConfig.sh, but the
data therein is wrong (or at least useless).  If tclConfig.sh doesn't
provide usable information, that is not our problem to fix.