[Fwd: [INTERFACES] still the driver and IE5 problem] - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Georg Ritter
Subject [Fwd: [INTERFACES] still the driver and IE5 problem]
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
sorry posted to the wrong adress before.

Peter Mount wrote:

> Ignore me, as it's a browser :-)
:-)

> I'm now wondering if it's one of two things:
>
> * IE5 is returning a non standard version string
Exact text in the java console:
"java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver"
(from the M$-VM)

> * IE5 is not reading the .jar file
For a short time before the exception I can see in the status line
reading or loading Driver.class

> Try extracting the class files out of the jar file, to see if that
> solves the second possibility.
I bever did it in an other way.

I have the applet in ~/applet/
the "start" html also there and the driver in ~/applet/postgresql/ etc.

Thanks for help,

    Georg Ritter

> Can you run the following:
>
>         java -version
>
> and let me know what it's output is?
On the Linux box where I compiled the applet and also tried to compile
a version of the driver (out of the sourcetree)
java version "1.2"
Classic VM (build Linux_JDK_1.2_pre-release-v1, native threads, sunwjit)

I suppose that was what you meant?

  student at department of physics
  University of Innsbruck, Austria            Georg.Ritter@uibk.ac.at