Re: pgsql: Add basic TAP tests for psql's tab-completion logic. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Add basic TAP tests for psql's tab-completion logic.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org> writes:
> I lost track of what bug is supposed to be where, so here's a summary
> of the state at apt.postgresql.org:

> PG13 head work on Debian unstable, buster, stretch.

Cool.

> Does not work on Ubuntu bionic, xenial. (Others not tested.)

Hmm ... do we care?  The test output seems to show that xenial's
3.1-20150325-1ubuntu2 libedit is completely broken.  Maybe there's
a way to work around that, but it's not clear to me that that'd
be a useful expenditure of time.  You're not really going to be
building PG13 for that release are you?

> Ubuntu bionic fails elsewhere [ apparently in 006_logical_decoding.pl ]

Hmm.  Not related to this thread then.  But if that's reproducible,
somebody should have a look.  Maybe related to

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAA4eK1LMDx6vK8Kdw8WUeW1MjToN2xVffL2kvtHvZg17%3DY6QQg%40mail.gmail.com

??? (cc'ing Amit for that)

Meanwhile, as to the point I was really concerned about, your table of
current versions looks promising -- libedit's premature-dequote bug is
evidently only in unstable and the last stable branch, and I presume the
last-stables are still getting updated, since those have libedit versions
that are less than a month old.  I looked at Fedora's git repo and the
situation seems similar over there.