Re: [DOCS] html2sgml converter ... - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: [DOCS] html2sgml converter ...
Date
List pgsql-docs
> found one at:
> http://www.abc.se/~m9339/prog/html2sgml.html
> but its for linuxdoc vs docbook ... anyone know enough about sgml to
> make it work?
> just looking for shortcuts :)

LinuxDoc and DocBook are not really close in features, although some
things like paragraph markings can map cleanly (LinuxDoc uses "<p>"
and DocBook uses "<para>", for example).

This particular package seems to be stale.

What transformation are you trying to do? The sgmltools package is a
likely candidate for something with conversion utilities, but I
haven't tried installing it since before it converted from LinuxDoc to
DocBook.

Also, I've got a perl utility which does brute-force tag substitution,
which I used to help convert Jose Soares' reference pages from plain
text to sgml. The utility is quite simpleminded, could be useful for
some projects.

                    - Thomas

South Pasadena, California