Re: BUG #8531: systemtap probe mark(checkpoint__done) error when i read the parameters - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #8531: systemtap probe mark(checkpoint__done) error when i read the parameters
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> digoal wrote:
>> But the CHECKPOINT_DONE used in src have parameters:
>> CheckpointStats.ckpt_bufs_written,
>> NBuffers,
>> CheckpointStats.ckpt_segs_added,
>> CheckpointStats.ckpt_segs_removed,
>> CheckpointStats.ckpt_segs_recycled

> Uh, you're right.  I confused it with BUFFER_CHECKPOINT_DONE.

> I have no useful answer for this right now.  The types of the parameters
> appear correct, but that's as further as I checked.

FWIW, I'd guess this is a bug in systemtap, and accordingly should be
reported to those folk.  Try filing at bugzilla.redhat.com ... although
they might tell you to try a supported systemtap release, which yours
isn't AFAICT.  What I see on my RHEL6 box is systemtap-1.8-7.el6.x86_64
and stap -V sez

Systemtap translator/driver (version 1.8/0.152 non-git sources)
Copyright (C) 2005-2012 Red Hat, Inc. and others
enabled features: AVAHI LIBRPM LIBSQLITE3 NSS TR1_UNORDERED_MAP NLS

            regards, tom lane