Re: [HACKERS] Call for updates! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hannu Krosing
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Call for updates!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> Hi. I'd like to update the ports list in the docs to include
> references to v6.5 for the various platforms for which PostgreSQL-6.5b
> has been tested.
>
> The list is at:
>
>   http://www.postgresql.org/docs/admin/ports.htm

Has PostgreSQL ever worked on Linux/ALPHA ?

I'm very likely to get one soon, and knowing that it works on Digital
Unix
and also on several Linuxes, it should not be too hard to make it work
on
ALPHA, but knowing that it already did would be even better.

I have also heard that Linux ALPHA can run Digital Unix binaries, so i
might
just ask for some friendly soul for precompiled binaries

Also, would the table splitting at at least 2GB be needed on 64bit
architectures ? If I'm not mistaken, then Linux 2.2 has a small patch
that
can make all off_t-s to long longs.

---------------Hannu Krosing