Re: PROC_IN_ANALYZE stillborn 13 years ago - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PROC_IN_ANALYZE stillborn 13 years ago
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I pushed despite the objection because it seemed that downstream
> discussion was largely favorable to the change, and there's a different
> proposal to solve the bloat problem for analyze; and also:

Note that this quasi-related patch has pretty thoroughly hijacked
the CF entry for James' original docs patch proposal.  The cfbot
thinks that that's the latest patch in the original thread, and
unsurprisingly is failing to apply it.

Since the discussion was all over the place, I'm not sure whether
there's still a live docs patch proposal or not; but if so, somebody
should repost that patch (and go back to the original thread title).