Re: Query returns no rows in pg_basebackup cluster - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrus
Subject Re: Query returns no rows in pg_basebackup cluster
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi!

>>Main server is in Linux and backup server is in windows.
>This is not a supported setup if you want to run a physical backup.
>Your backup and your primary need to be the same - software and hardware.  Consider anything that is working to be a
false
>negative – assume >something will break or simply give incorrect results.

This base backup should used for recovery. Taking new base backup in Linux does not allow to recover to earlier date.
Both servers have Intel 64 bit CPUs.
I understand that only issue is the index structure and that REINDEX will fix this.
What other issues may occur ?

Will pg_dump/pg_restore in Windows server fix all issues.

Andrus.