Re: [GENERAL] advice on buying sun hardware to run postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris Bitmead
Subject Re: [GENERAL] advice on buying sun hardware to run postgres
Date
Re: [GENERAL] advice on buying sun hardware to run postgres  (Artur Pietruk <arturp@plukwa.pdi.net>)
List pgsql-general
dustin sallings wrote:

>         Short answer:  You are incorrect.
>
>         Long answer: If you don't believe what people with experience with
> these things are saying, do your own experimentation.

It's not a matter of not believing, it's of who to believe. Opinion
seems divided 50/50.

> For best results,
> you can find some disks that are exactly the same internally but only vary
> with their interfaces.

Have you done such tests? If so, what exactly were the results?