failed initdb using 6.4.2 under Sparc Solaris 2.6 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Y.H. Lin
Subject failed initdb using 6.4.2 under Sparc Solaris 2.6
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi, when I tried to install PostgreSQL 6.4.2 binary file for Solaris 2.6
(Sparc), I got some error messages as following in initdb stage :

ld.so.1: pg_id: fatal: libgen.so.1: open failed: No such file or
directory
Unable to determine a valid username.  If you are running
initdb without an explicit username specified, then there
may be a problem with finding the Postgres shared library
and/or the pg_id utility.

any suggestion will be appreciated

--
Y.H. Lin - ªL¨|¥° - Lin Yu-Hung