Re: [INTERFACES] Odbc driver - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Ross J. Reedstrom
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] Odbc driver
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Sergio wrote:

> Byron,
>
> Postgres 6.3.2, Odbc driver 6.40.0004

<snipped real problem, since I know nothing about it!>

(although, I do know that the communications protocol changed 6.3->6.4.
Might an upgrade help?)

> I wonder why a text saved by Notepad is 4183 bytes and this
> same text within Postgres is reported as 4099 chars long, but
> maybe this is another history.

Hmm, this text wouldn't have 84 lines, would it? That'd be an average of
~49 characters per line, so it's reasonable. DOS/Win uses CR/LF line
ending pairs, while the unix backend only stores LF (or is that CR?
Doesn't matter, 2 bytes vs. one byte)

Just think of it as the earliest example of Microsoft code bloat ;-)

Ross
NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer