- Mailing list pgsql-general

From Justin Graf
Subject
Date
List pgsql-general
On 3/18/2010 12:52 PM, Scott Mead wrote:
> xtuple ERP does.... and the latest version of GNUCash can use postgres as a backend too.
>
> --Scott M
>
> On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 1:11 PM, Garry Saddington <garry@schoolteachers.co.uk> wrote:
>
>     Does anyone know of a web based accounting(finance) package that uses Postgresql as a backend?
>     Thanks Garry
>
>     --

i don't know about the current version of xtuple but the past ones had numerous accounting begs, that management deemed not urgent to fix.
Trail Balance does not work
Rounding Errors,
Unit of measure errors
No audit trail in places
Zero traceability in WIP module
No audit trail for past Inventory Count Cycles
Inventory Costing was completely worthless allows users to mix Weighted with Standard Cost in the same warehouse (breaks accounting standards)
No WIP elevation.  You have a number in the GL but try to figure out what makes that number up based on whats in WIP tables to make sure the GL agrees with WIP transactions.  Oh wait they don't record the wip transactions in fine enough detail.

Thats what i can remember from my previous job.

On the very bright side it introduced me  to all the fine folks at PG