Re: 8.5 release timetable, again - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jonah H. Harris
Subject Re: 8.5 release timetable, again
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 3:53 PM, David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:
> I would appreciate it if somebody could send out some messages of
> calm, while I/we work. The time for open review will come around
> soon enough.

With all due respect, the time for open review is now.  You have
already tried closed development several times, and it each time has
been, more or less, a spectacular failure.

Unlike Robert and Heikki, I don't see you contributing to or assisting Simon's work.  And, while I may be wrong, I doubt that you assisted in funding any of Simon's work on hot standby either.  As such, it's my opinion that continuing to criticize him from the sidelines is not only rude, but is also a bad idea as it relates to his motivation in working on this feature.

--
Jonah H. Harris, Senior DBA
myYearbook.com