Re: PGCon 2008 RFP - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jonah H. Harris
Subject Re: PGCon 2008 RFP
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 2:21 PM, David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:
> No one puts the title of their session on every slide, so the basis
> of your argument, that the slides themselves help you determine
> which presentation you're in, seems bogus to me.

It doesn't seem bogus to me, and I clocked about 200,000 miles last
year doing presentations, the vast majority of which were quite
popular.

That sounds like shameless self-promotion.  How is your statement relevant to anything mentioned?

> While the choice lies in the hands of the PGCon organizers, it
> probably wouldn't hurt for JD to put up another poll like he did for
> PG East planning.

Actually, it would.  Those of us that have some experience on this
matter think it's a rotten idea.

Then you could vote... just like everyone else :)

--
Jonah H. Harris, Senior DBA
myYearbook.com