Re: hash index improving v3 - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Jonah H. Harris
Subject Re: hash index improving v3
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 10:06 PM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> It seems hash index is a little better on index creation and
>> selection.
>> But maybe  it's in the range of noise, I'm not sure.
>> I'd like to try it with a bigger dataset (e.g. table with 10GB) but
>> there is not enough space in my computer.
>> Anyone interest can make a test on a bigger data set.

I tried it earlier on a 500M row table and found a few bugs.  In
particular, it doesn't seem like recheck is happening and the
performance/sizing is a bit *interesting*.  I'll post stats tomorrow
when I'm in the office.

--
Jonah H. Harris, Senior DBA
myYearbook.com