Re: Sun Talks about MySQL - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jonah H. Harris
Subject Re: Sun Talks about MySQL
Date
Re: Sun Talks about MySQL
List pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 9:01 AM, Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 08:43:09AM -0400, Chander Ganesan wrote:
>  >
>  > "This version now has zero bugs," Urlocker told eWEEK.
>
>  That is pretty amusing, but I also liked this:  "Mickos said innovation will
>  move even faster now that about 100 experienced database engineers from Sun
>  will be working on MySQL development."
>
>  I guess they don't read _The Mythical Man-Month_ at Sun.

Not to rain on my MySQL/Sun bash parade, but your response is based on
the extremely poor assumption that Sun would put 100 developers on a
single project.  While Sun has certainly had its share of
software-related problems in the past, I would hope that they
understand basic software project management.  It's much more likely
that they will have teams of 6-8 people working on individual
projects.

--
Jonah H. Harris, Sr. Software Architect | phone: 732.331.1324
EnterpriseDB Corporation | fax: 732.331.1301