Re: proposal for 8.3: Simultaneous assignment for PL/pgSQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jonah H. Harris
Subject Re: proposal for 8.3: Simultaneous assignment for PL/pgSQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 8/8/06, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Are we intending to support SQL/PSM with PL/pgSQL?

I hope not.  While PL/pgSQL and SQL/PSM share some similarities, they
should be totally separate.  IIRC, EnterpriseDB had tried to sponsor
someone to write SQL/PSM support for PostgreSQL a little over a year
ago and no one wanted to do it.

--
Jonah H. Harris, Software Architect | phone: 732.331.1300
EnterpriseDB Corporation            | fax: 732.331.1301