sql 92 support in postgres - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Eric Enockson
Subject sql 92 support in postgres
Date
List pgsql-sql
    hi,

    I am going to be implementing an online database and
was considering oracle on an ultra, until i checked the price
and 2,000 dollars, no way.  I have used mSQL and looked
at mySQL and now am aware of postgres and have heard that it
is the most robust and well used of the freeware databases.
Is this correct?  Also i am wondering about it's sql 92 support,
i see that it doesn't have views and some other things, but my
question is this.  For those of you who are using it, what is your
opinion of it's functionality sql wise?  Is it sufficient, do
wish that you had more?  If you could afford it would you rather
be using oracle?  I can afford oracle as i'm not going to be
paying, but 2000 just seems unresonable.  I don't want to
pay for suits and corporate planes, i just want to run software.

    Any help, comments, advice would be greatly appreciated.

    Eric Enockson