Re: [INTERFACES] Bug in sortin routine? - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Thomas G. Lockhart
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] Bug in sortin routine?
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
> > [...] It seems that the sorting order on dates is incorrect under
> > certain circumstances: [...]  set DateStyle to 'German'; (does not
> > have an effect on the problem) [...]
> From the examples you gave it appears that you are still using
> American date format (YYYY-MM-DD)

An irrelevant detail: the YYYY-MM-DD date format is ISO-8601, and is not
particularly common in America. The US style looks like MM/DD/YYYY.

I think your analysis and recommendations are correct; the sort order in
the example looked good to me too...

                        - Tom