cvsup RPMs available - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas G. Lockhart
Subject cvsup RPMs available
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I've built some linux rpms for cvsup, both client and server. At the
moment, I've posted ones which are statically linked for libc5, but plan
to build some glibc2/libc6 versions as well, and perhaps ones which are
not statically linked (which would then require at least one Modula-3
library rpm).

Could someone please try installing these (the cvsup client especially)
and let me know if they work? Testing on both libc5 and glibc2 systems
would be helpful; if it works under glibc2 then I wouldn't need to
bother making a special version for it.

The files are in ftp://postgresql.org/pub/CVSup and are named:
 cvsup-client-15.5-1-libc5-static.i386.rpm cvsup-server-15.5-1-libc5-static.i386.rpm cvsup-15.5-1-static.src.rpm

I did not include in the rpms any example configuration files (yet), but
let me know if you would need one for testing.

Also, if anyone has experience with building rpm packages: is there an
easy way for me to add the "libc5-static" part to the package names from
within the spec file? I just added those fields using "mv" after the
fact...
                      - Tom