RE: ODBC question on R+w and +r only. solved - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Robert Chalmers
Subject RE: ODBC question on R+w and +r only. solved
Date
List pgsql-general
Hmmm. Just gave all permisions to user, and created a NEW table database in
Access, and it imported the new permissions.

It seems that Access imports the permissions, and then doesn't let you chang
them, even when they have been changed in the pgsql system.

not a bad idea I usppose.

Now to work out the correct permissions that the ODBC driver should run under.
I notice there is  [x]Read Only field in the config... should it be on/offf and
what are the ramifications of that side of it?

Great database engine by the way. especially for ease of use! in my novice
opinion anyway :-)

bob
--
http://www.chalmers.com.au. Publications From China in 24 different languages.
English, French, German, Russian, Arabic, Spanish, Chinese, Burmese, Bengali,