Re: [DOCS] Postgresql INSTALL-file & Windows - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas G. Lockhart
Subject Re: [DOCS] Postgresql INSTALL-file & Windows
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> In the INSTALL file, it says (under "Unsupported platforms"):
>  Windows x86 v6.3 1998-03-01 not library compatible;
>                              client side maybe; use ODBC/JDBC
>        Note that Windows ports of the frontend are
>        apparently possible using third-party Posix porting
>        tools and libraries.
> I believe the client libraries (at least libpq) are available in
> native Win32 since version 6.4.

Thanks for pointing this out. So how should I phrase it? As above? If
so, where do we tell people how to build it? Or is it obvious to anyone
who is trying?

If it could use instructions, would someone like to write it up? Or was
something already posted on the mailing list which tells all?

So many questions, so little time :) As you can tell, I haven't tried
myself...
                   - Tom