Re: [INTERFACES] ODBC CREATE TABLE failures - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Byron Nikolaidis
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] ODBC CREATE TABLE failures
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Michael J. Sheldon wrote:

> I've just started testing postgreSQL as a backend database for an
> NT-based intranet application running on Cold Fusion.
>
> The application will automatically create the database structure if it
> does not already exist, by executing a series of CREATE TABLE statements
> through the ODBC driver.
>
> However, only the first table is being created.
>
> Each statement is in a separate request, and any one statement will
> execute, but only if it is the first. Even more puzzling is the fact
> that subsequent calls do not throw an error. The first error I see is
> when an attempt is made to insert data into a non-existent table.
>
> The application has tested out fine on both MS Access and MS SQL Server.

I would like to rule out any odbc driver problems.  Can you please send me a
copy of the "psqlodbc.log" file of the session in question?  That would be a
minimum, and if you want, you could also send an odbc trace log of the
session which, together with the other log, would give me all the
information I need.

Byron