Re: pgsql: Allow db.schema.table patterns, but complain about random garbag - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Allow db.schema.table patterns, but complain about random garbag
Date
List pgsql-committers
> This has upset the buildfarm's msys2 animals. There appears to be some
> wildcard expansion going on that causes the problem. I don't know why it
> should here when it's not causing trouble elsewhere. I have tried
> changing the way the tests are quoted, without success. Likewise,
> setting SHELLOPTS=noglob didn't work.

> At this stage I'm fresh out of ideas to fix it. It's also quite possible
> that my diagnosis is wrong.

When I was looking at this patch, I thought the number of test cases
was very substantially out of line anyway.  I suggest that rather
than investing a bunch of brain cells trying to work around this,
we just remove the failing test cases.

            regards, tom lane