Re: postgresql install: jdbc: No such file or directory. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: postgresql install: jdbc: No such file or directory.
Date
List pgsql-general
Eric Wright <eric.linux@shaw.ca> writes:
> when I run gmake I get the following error.

>     gmake: Entering an unknown directory
>     gmake: *** jdbc: No such file or directory.  Stop.
>     gmake: Leaving an unknown directory

> I know that I am missing something, can anyone help me with what that
> might be?

It looks like you don't have a complete file set.  Did you download the
whole Postgres distribution, or just one of the partial tarballs?
See eg
ftp://ftp3.us.postgresql.org/pub/postgresql/README.dist-split

            regards, tom lane