Re: [INTERFACES] Re: OBBC for MS Access97 - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From David Hartwig
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] Re: OBBC for MS Access97
Date
List pgsql-interfaces

The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Nov 1998, Diego Bariquet wrote:
>
> > Dear Mr. Webmaster,
> >
> >     I have change my Microsoft NT server to a Linux running on
> > Slackware 3.5 last week and will set up another server on Red Hat 5.1
> > early next month.
>
> >     I have a front end application written on Microsoft Access 97 and
> > plan to used PostgreSQL as my back end database server. I am wondering
> > if you have the ODBC so that I could transfer my back end to
> > PostgreSQL.
>
> I'm not sure if I'm fully understanding your question, but there is an
> ODBC driver that does come with the standard distribution of PostgreSQL,
> in the src/interfaces/odbc director

We do lot things using MS Access and PostgreSQL in the backend.  Mostly queries
and such.   We have also done some forms prototyping with relative ease.    I
cannot guarantee that your conversion will be trouble free.  You may have to get
your hands dirty.

I strongly recommend that you get the latest version of the driver from our web
site at:   http://www.insightdist.com/psqlodbc  You will also want to get the
latest version (6.4) of the server.