Re: [INTERFACES] Configuring - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From David Hartwig
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] Configuring
Date
List pgsql-interfaces

Michael Yeung wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Can u please advise me how to configure the ODBC connections thru Gateway ?!
>
> The Database server is outside the firewall !!

This is not (should not) be an ODBC or PostgreSQL issue.  It is a network
administration issue.   It is no different than telnet'ing of ftp'ing to the
outside world.  All connections are outbound from the client side.   As long as
you can resolve IP addresses entered into the ODBC configuration, and your
firewall allows outbound access on your service port, (5432 by default) you
should be ok.

However, there is the basic configuration that must be dealt with.   See the FAQ
at: http://www.insightdist.com/psqlodbc for details on the connection checklist.