Re: PG 15 (and to a smaller degree 14) regression due to ExprEvalStep size - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jonathan S. Katz
Subject Re: PG 15 (and to a smaller degree 14) regression due to ExprEvalStep size
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 8/9/22 4:15 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> On 2022-08-09 Tu 15:50, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
>> On 8/9/22 3:22 PM, Andres Freund wrote:

>>> OTOH, it's not a great sign  this is around json again...
>>
>> Yeah, I was thinking about that too.
>

> Ouch :-(
>
> I think after 10 years of being involved with our JSON features, I'm
> going to take a substantial break on that front.

I hope that wasn't taken as a sleight, but just an observation. There
are other feature areas where I can make similar observations. All this
work around a database system is challenging as there are many
considerations that need to be made.

You've done an awesome job driving the JSON work forward and it is
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Attachment