Re: Proposed HTML Documentation Styles - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Liudmila Mantrova
Subject Re: Proposed HTML Documentation Styles
Date
List pgsql-docs
On 10/16/18 5:44 PM, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
On 10/4/18 11:50 AM, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
Hi,

As part of the effort to modernize the look and feel of PostgreSQL.org
and associated web projects, Sarah & I have worked on applying the new
styles to the documentation. The main goals of the project were:

- To have the documentation styles match that of the main website
- To make the documentation easier to view on mobile devices
- To set up the web-based documentation for future usability changes and
improvements
Thank you everyone for your feedback. We launched the new documentation
styles this morning. Please let us know if you find any issues or have
any additional feedback.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for modernizing doc styles!

I have noticed a small rendering issue in the Chrome browser. If you follow a link to a bookmark in a different page, it's hidden below the website header. Links within the same page and section-level links appear to work fine.

The attached screenshot illustrates the result of navigating to the default_statistics_target description from the https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/planner-stats.html page.

I have not tested this thoroughly, but I got the same result on my smartphone in Safari, while having no issues at all in Firefox on Ubuntu.

--
Liudmila Mantrova
Technical writer at Postgres Professional: http://www.postgrespro.com