Re: [HACKERS] BETA1 Snapshot built... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas G. Lockhart
Subject Re: [HACKERS] BETA1 Snapshot built...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Well, as of 00:40EST, there is a BETA1 available at
> ftp.postgresql.org:/pub/postgresql.v6.4-BETA1.tar.gz ...
> > > Added Files:
> > >         README-1ST
> > > A sort of 'log' of what operating systems are supported
> > Marc, can you please use the existing file for this? Look at
> >   http://www.postgresql.org/docs/admin/ports.htm
> I'll remove (README-1ST)...

Thanks Marc. So, for this release the drill is the same: it would be
great to have as many platforms as possible regression tested as early
as possible now that the beta1 is available.

I would expect that the last regression test (which involves the rules
system) will fail for almost everyone since the "expected" file assumes
a specific Postgres user name for running the test. I'm working on
fixing that now.

On my Linux/i686 machine, all regression tests pass with that one
exception. As folks have found before, other machines may show an exact
match or may show minor differences in floating point rounding and in
error messages, neither of which are fatal.

Either report your results on the hackers list or send in a patch for

  doc/src/sgml/ports.sgml

and the results will show up on the web site and in the v6.4
Administrator's Guide.

v6.4 has lots of nice improvements, so start testing to make sure you
can use it on your platform...

                        - Tom