Re: Informix on Linux - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas G. Lockhart
Subject Re: Informix on Linux
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> did you try informix SE on linux ? could you install it on red hat 4.2
> ? i'll be installing red hat 5.0 on my machine and would like to know
> if informix SE works with red hat.
>
> oracle too has come up with a version on Linux, but of course its not
> for free!!

I received a message back from Informix and they said that it appears
that it will run on RH5.0/5.1 without trouble, since the libc5 libraries
are present. This is based on reports from users since they have not
finished testing it themselves yet. It already officially runs on RH4.2.

I haven't had a chance to try running it myself yet.

                        - Tom