Re: [HACKERS] TODO item: make pg_shadow updates more robust - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas G. Lockhart
Subject Re: [HACKERS] TODO item: make pg_shadow updates more robust
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> As a short-term thing, the fact that you *must* set passwords with
> ALTER USER ought to be documented, preferably someplace where a
> dbadmin who's never heard of ALTER USER is likely to find it.

There is a two sentence "chapter" in the Administrator's Guide in
start-ag.sgml which is titled "Adding and Deleting Users". This chapter
should be renamed "Users" and have sections covering this topic and
others.

It looks like there are several man pages (pg_hba, pg_passwd at least)
which could/should be folded into the Administrator's Guide. I'll try
doing that sometime soon, once we have the SQL language reference pages
done.

Would you like to add some information, or is what you have above
sufficient? If it is enough, I'll add it in. If it needs more, would you
be willing to flesh it out?

                    - Tom (the other "tgl")