Re: [HACKERS] 6.4 Aggregate Bug - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas G. Lockhart
Subject Re: [HACKERS] 6.4 Aggregate Bug
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > > While testing  my 6.4 patch I
> > > came across a nasty little bug.
> > Nor in my cvs tree from around the second week in July...
> > Haven't tried a current source tree...
> Can someone CVS back in time to find the date it broke?

I haven't done that yet. I _did_ do a CVSup just now and in the parser
area I do have an uncommitted patch for parse_clause.c in the
transformSortClause() routine. It was to help with type matching on
whatever Bruce and I were fixing a couple of weeks ago, before the docs
and Applix/iodbc became a higher priority. Anyway, don't know if that is
helping David's symptoms or not, or whether the breakage is in another
part of the code. Nothing else is any different in the parser area of
the code (except for gram.c, which shouldn't be an issue?).

I'll go ahead and commit the code tonight or tomorrow and then David or
you can see if it helps. Will post some e-mail when it happens...

                      - Tom