Re: [GENERAL] Strange behaviour ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Daniele Orlandi
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Strange behaviour ?
Date
List pgsql-general
James Boorn wrote:

> look up the differences between varchar and char data types.

I know the difference between varchar and char, but I don't see why LOWER() is
adding spaces. If this is the correct behaviour, could you kindly point me to
the related docs ?

Thanks.

Bye!

--
 Daniele

"On the Internet, no one knows you're using Windows NT"
(Submitted by Ramiro Estrugo, restrugo@fateware.com)
 Se telecom italia aggiungesse uno scatto al giorno ad ogni abbonato, dal
 primo Gennaio avrebbe rubato 669.032.000.000 Lire.
 Daniele Orlandi - Utility Line Italia - http://www.orlandi.com
 Via Mezzera 29/A - 20030 - Seveso (MI) - Italy