Old ODBC Driver references on website - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Byron Nikolaidis
Subject Old ODBC Driver references on website
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

I am posting this to the mailing lists in the hopes I can at least get
some kind of a response after several ignored requests.

On the Postgres website, the "HOW-TO" page under "info central" takes
you to "sunsite.unc.edu" which has greatly outdated information on it
about the ODBC drivers for Postgres.  In case you didn't know, we are
constantly receiving problem reports from people using one of these old
odbc drivers when in fact they are out-of-date and not being supported
by anyone.  We have to go through the same stuff every time only to find
out that the trouble was the old PostODBC driver.

The ancient ODBC Drivers listed on this site are :

stud1.tuwien.ac.at/~e9025461
www.MageNet.com/postodbc/DOC

Is there anyway to correct this information and put the "Insight"
(http://www.insightdist.com/psqlodbc) link on there?

For that matter, is there anyway to point people who go to MageNet to
the right address, like a forward page?  This is important because Web
search engines (yahoo, alta-vista) will still send you to MageNet if you
search on odbc and postgres.

I wonder how many people go try the MageNet odbc driver and just give up
and try another dbms without even sending any mail to the lists?

Could someone please respond, agree or disagree, so I know I am not
talking to myself?

Byron