Re: [HACKERS] SAP and MySQL ... [and Benchmark] - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] SAP and MySQL ... [and Benchmark]
Date
List pgsql-general
Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> writes:
> are people willing to delay releases for marketing purposes? we seem to
> be into a nasty habit of release on holidays which means it has taken us
> a few days to get all of the websites updated and emails sent out. if we
> could get core to support the idea that a release date must get approval
> from the advocacy guys before it can be announced that would be helpful.

I don't have a problem with this; I've also thought that we chose odd
release dates without thinking about it.  For point releases it's
perhaps less important, but certainly major release dates ought to be
set with some consideration of how we'll put the word out.

            regards, tom lane