FTI (not tsearch) ignores greek - Mailing list pgsql-general

From ilias seperis
Subject FTI (not tsearch) ignores greek
Date
List pgsql-general
hello,

i'm using postgresql-8.1 and installed the FTI contrib
package (fti.so).

I'm trying to full-text index a table's collumn.
Almost eveything is ok. I insert some test data on the
table and i can see that it is indexed in the fti
table.

The problem comes when i insert data with greek
characters. It seems as though they are completely
ignored from FTI. I don't get any error at all.

The database was created with server_encoding
iso8859-7 and i'm using the same client_encoding too.

Any suggestions?

thanx
ilias

Be a PS3 game guru.